Thursday, May 13, 2010

Starting Out.

Over the past several years, I've had many people ask me how to get started in photography. When I first started pursuing photography seriously, I found a great series of lessons online from a website called, Digital SLR Guide, and went through them. I always recommend these photography lessons from this site. The Digital SLR Guide has two different sets of lessons - Beginning and Intermediate Lessons, and both sets have five different lessons within the set. The Beginner series talks about how to operate a Digital SLR and the Intermediate set discusses Lighting. The writer is terrific at explaining the different concepts and gives great assignments at the end of each lesson that reinforce that concepts that were taught in the lesson. The one drawback about the lessons is that they are not accredited, but I hardly consider this an in issue, because the knowledge you gain from these lessons have far greater value than a couple of college credits. One of the absolute best perks from these lessons is the price - each set of lessons only cost $14.95!!! So if you go through both the Beginner and the Lighting lessons, you only spend $29.90!!! Seriously!!! $29.90 for a wealth of valuable information. So if you are looking to start out in photography, take better pictures, or whatever, I highly recommend these lessons. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment