Thursday, May 6, 2010

Photography Lessons

So here's my new venture -not writing a blog, but writing a photography blog. My plan for this blog is to write about all things photography - my experiences, thoughts, photos, etc.

And here's my thought for today.

I have a confession. It's slightly embarrassing, but I've had way worse embarrassing moments, and this particular confession hardly holds a candle to those particular moments. About a year and half ago, I signed up to take a photography course from New York Institute of Photography. (For those of you who are looking to take your photography skills to the next level, I highly recommend this course) It was great, I started reading through the lessons, and completing the work. And then life caught up to me - I was pregnant. And this pregnancy wasn't easy. Suddenly doing something as simple as working through a bunch of photography lessons became a difficult task. My studying came to a halt. Sad. After my son was born, my life became even more hectic. The idea of getting any studying done was a joke. Such a disappointing feeling. I felt like I let myself down. I had a wealth a knowledge, sitting there on the book shelf, but I had neither the time, nor the energy to put any effort into it. But life is easier now, and my son is older. So you know what? I'm working through those lessons again. This time I'm determined to finish. Even if it kills me!

Stay tuned for more photography blogs. (Does that sound cheesy?) Ok, nevermind. Just come back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment