Monday, May 10, 2010

Practice

Just like with any other skill, photography takes practice. Lots of it. When I became a mom, I realized how difficult it was to find that time to practice my photography skills. My son isn't the type of child you can tote around from place to place and still manage to keep him a happy camper. Even grocery shopping was a challenge! But just like any other mom, I take TONS of photos of my son. So I've learned to optimize my situation and use my son as my practice subject. In fact, he's gotten so used to being photographed by me, that many times he anticipates the flash, and squints his eyes, which is displayed in the photo, along with the silly face. I've learned several things from using my son as my practice subject - things that would have taken me much longer to learn otherwise. I've realized that regardless of the situation that I am in, finding time to practice and hone my skills needs to remain near the top of my priority list. Otherwise I no longer improve and become stagnant. Life is full of distractions, but it's important to make the most out of each situation. You never know what you may be able to learn from it. Practice, practice, practice! It's something to remember regardless of the skills you are trying to sharpen. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment